Biodegradable Pot strips for plants & Seedlings
Biodegradable pots are really awesome to use as the roots grow through the pot wall naturally and are air pruned stimulating stronger, more fibrous root development than in plastic pots. There is no need to ‘de-pot’ before potting on or planting out which impacts a growers labour savings. Biodegradable pot strips are used for a better root system through root pruning. The strips can be easily broken apart and can be planted pot and all resulting in zero transplant shock at the time of transplanting. Which improves the quality of the end product.
Establishment after potting on is quicker as there is no root disturbance, so the growing period is normally reduced by several weeks compared to plants grown in plastic pots. No recycling or disposal costs are incurred.
- Quicker Rooting
- Quicker rooting is achieved because temperature fluctuations in the root zone are reduced and the average root zone temperature is 1 degree higher than in plastic pots.
- Reduced Water Consumption
- The ability to retain moisture in the pot wall can reduce water consumption by up to 20% compared to plastic pots, when used in conjunction with the Jiffy-Pot Tray, allowing shorter or less frequent irrigation cycles.
Advantages of using Biodegradable Jiffy Pots
- Environmentally friendly alternative to plastic pot
- Improved root system, healthier crop
- 100% biodegradable
- Certified Home compostable
Our eco friendly products are able to be delivered throughout South Africa – Centurion | Midrand | Krugersdorp | Vanderbijlpark | Boksburg | Randburg | Roodepoort | Sandton | Germiston | Stellenbosch | Bloemfontein | Alberton | Kempton Park | Port Elizabeth | Benoni | East London | Pietermaritzburg | Soweto | Berea | Pretoria | Johannesburg | Durban | Cape Town | Mpumalanga | Kroonstad | Knysna